Community Engagement Meeting 1
This page will be updated if new information on this event is added.
The City of Santa Monica is conducting a roadway safety analysis for Wilshire Boulevard between Ocean Ave. and Centinela Ave. We want your help to identify safety issues and concerns!
Please join us and attend this first community workshop at Reed Park Auditorium (1133 7th Street, Santa Monica). The meeting is open house format, so drop-in anytime.
In 2019 there will be a series of community engagement opportunities and outreach to help inform this project. Want to get involved? Please sign-up for project information at the weblink (below). Stay tuned for the second of these two larger community meetings this fall – 2019.
For those who can’t make it, there will be opportunities to provide comments online, or you can e-mail directly at email@example.com.
This effort is part of the citywide safety initiative called Take the Friendly Road.
Wilshire Boulevard is one of the LA region’s most important corridors, connecting Santa Monica with Downtown LA and points in between. While many people use this major thoroughfare for commuting, it also runs through a number of Santa Monica neighborhoods. Considering all the ways that people move about in this corridor, it’s important that we listen to the needs of the local community and design solutions that keep everyone safe.
Beginning in Spring 2019, the City of Santa Monica will be working with partners to listen to local community members and investigate safety issues for all two and a half miles of Wilshire in Santa Monica between Ocean and Centinela avenues. This will culminate in both quick interventions and a longer-view safety study with recommendations on how to effectively improve key areas.
- Data-driven process to understand current safety issues for all users on and across Wilshire Blvd
- Community stakeholders gather information to understand existing safety concerns
- Encourage safe and accessible linkages to nearby homes, businesses, and transit
- Develop options for targeted safety enhancements
- Identify preferred short and long-term recommendations through a robust community engagement process
Provide transportation safety input via the Take the Friendly Road interactive map.
Live or work in the neighborhood and want to participate in the community listening workshops?
– Click here to sign up for City updates
– Contact the project team at Safe.Wilshire@smgov.net