Safe Streets for 17th Street & Michigan Avenue goes before
Santa Monica City Council Tonight.
We LOVE this project.
You can explore more HERE and HERE
Today we sent a letter to the Santa Monica City Council, management and staff in support of Safe Streets for 17th Street and Michigan Avenue. We hope you will join us and send an email with your thoughts to Council@SMGov.net
Dear Mayor Ted Winterer, Santa Monica City Council, management and staff:
Thank you for your leadership as we move toward a more sustainable, healthier and active multimodal Santa Monica. Attached is our letter expressing our enthusiastic support of the Safe Streets for 17th Street and Michigan Avenue Project and the allocation of funds to “green bike lanes” — making them more visible, safe and inviting. In particular we would like to thank the Mobility Division and Carlos Morales for their planning of this visionary project and the dedication to robust and inclusive outreach as we move toward final planning and implementation. We do believe moving the implementation to the fastest timeline feasible would be a community benefit and get us closer too achieving our city’s safety and mobility goals.
Join Santa Monica Spoke, the City of Santa Monica for Santa Monica’s next Kidical Mass Ride.
We will take a family friendly ride around the Santa Monica neighborhood north of Douglas Park. Prizes and giveaways at Douglas Park when we return!
Schedule. 9::00am – 12:00pm
– Check-in, Morning Snacks, Bike Safety Checks by Performance Bicycles, Helmet Decorating — Plus NEW Art & Crafts
– FAMILY Ride
– POST RIDE ACTIVITIES & GAMES
– Prizes, post ride snacks
* Children must be accompanied and are the responsibility of their parents. Bikes should be in good working condition. Free Safety Checks on site for minor adjustments/repairs. Please use good judgement – ride is on city streets – smaller children should be in a child seat, in a trailer or Tag-a-long……
Santa Monica Business Get ready for #BikeMonthSM 2018
You are invited to participate with specials: Click here to Sign up through our Buy Local Santa Monica Committee partner and help us celebrate!
We will promote all our participating Santa Monica business and their specials in May! Interested in supporting #BikeLocalSM with specials for our local folks on bikes beyond Bike Month – email here for info!
– when you order from the SM Spoke exclusive menu during May, $1 of every item sold will be donated to Santa Monica Spoke.
During May Bike Month – show your helmet for
– Bike Week: May 13-19th — Extended Happy Hour until 8 pm when you ride your bike to Bareburger
– Happy Hour all evening on Bike to Work Day, May 17th, when you ride your bike to Bareburger. We’ll be heading over at 7pm for #HBHH in the Patio (we start at a #HBHH at 1212 Santa Monica at 5:30).
– EACH TIME you go to Barebuger in May by bike – receive a raffle ticket for a chance to win a VIP Table at one of the Barebuger signature events.
4 prizes will awarded.
The Santa Monica Malibu Unified School District Elementary and Middle Schools will be celebrating Bike It! Walk It! Bus It! week between May 7thand 11th! Bike It Walk It is a community institution in Santa Monica that encourages families to try walking, bicycling, skateboarding and scootering to school. Students from the Santa Monica High School Solar Alliance hosted the inaugural event in 2007, and since then it has expanded to every school in the District.
The Safe Routes to School program is a partnership between the City of Santa Monica, the District, Santa Monica Spoke and the Parent Teacher Association to reduce traffic congestion near schools and promote health, safety, environmental, and community benefits. The Bike It! Walk It! effort supports community engagement through this environmentally friendly program. Please join SMMUSD as we bike, bus, scoot, skate, and walk to school!
Students Ride BBB Free All Week
Santa Monica public school students (K-12) can ride BBB for free any time during Bike It! Walk It! Bus It! week. This year, you have two ways to participate:
Simply save and print your free one-way ticket below, then show it to your driver when boarding.