SANTA MONICA SPOKE:
Is a 501(c)3 organization dedicated to improving walking, biking and healthy active transportation in the City of Santa Monica. We are a community based nonprofit working to make Santa Monica more sustainable, and a better place to live, walk, bike, work and play.
Advocating the implementation of Complete Streets Policies that support and protect all users, (pedestrians & people on bikes) and the use of public transit and shared mobility options to promote fewer single car trips for a healthier, safer, more sustainable environment for the community at large.
- Encourage more people to ride bicycles, more often and more safely
- Educate equitable road use, cyclists rights and responsibilities – both by example & through education and workshops like Bike Smart Cycling Classes
- Increase the voice and visibility of Santa Monica Spoke, LACBC, CalBike and the cycling community to improve facilities and the environment for people walking and biking
- Actively participate with partner organizations and local government to create and implement the Bicycle Action Plan, Pedestrian Acton Plan, Santa Monica Safe Street Alliance/ Vision Zero and Complete Streets Planning Policies while fulfilling the City’s commitment to the USDOT Mayors’ Challenge for Safer People & Safer Streets
- Promote the health benefits of active transportation like walking and biking
- Highlight cycling as a sustainable transportation alternative that is good for the environment
- Implement, promote and actively support Safe Routes to School
- Strengthen Santa Monica Spoke, LACBC and CalBike through membership recruitment and fundraising
Santa Monica Spoke is a local affiliate of the Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition (LACBC) and the California Bicycle Coalition (CalBike). Santa Monica Spoke was founded in 2009, initially launching the Chapter program of LACBC as it’s 1st Local Chapter in Los Angeles County.
LACBC Local Chapters number 13 by 2017.
Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition
The Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition builds a better, more bike-able Los Angeles by bringing diverse communities together to improve the bicycling environment and quality of life for the whole county.
California Bicycle Coalition
Advocates for equitable, inclusive, and prosperous communities where bicycling helps to enable all Californians to lead healthy and joyful lives.
Become a local supporter!
Make a direct donation to support our local work at Santa Monica Spoke by click the button:
Checks can also be mailed to:
Santa Monica Spoke
1640 5th Street, Suite 120
Santa Monica, CA 90401
Join the regional momentum, become a part of the change!
Follow this link, to join Santa Monica Spoke and LACBC (or a local group in your area). Your membership supports our efforts here locally as well as strengthening the cycling movement on a county, state and even at the national level as all of these jurisdictions play a major roll in how we can promote more equitable, healthy and active communities.
You may also send us an email here and we can provide you with other options to donate or join.