WE ARE SO EXCITED!!
Join us for an Online Screening of the film MOTHERLOAD | and a Live Panel Discussion.
RSVP for your link to watch the film (on demand) prior to our live panel as we discuss the film’s lessons on the intersections how #BikesUnite, #LessCarMoreGo, and our struggle for social change on May 31st, 7:30pm with:
• Liz Canning, Filmmaker/Director
• Ross Evans, Xtracycle’s Cargo-bike Evangelical Optimist (CEO)
• Cynthia Rose, Santa Monica Spoke, Santa Monica Safe Streets Alliance
• Cris Gutierrez, Climate Corps, Santa Monica Safe Streets Alliance
• Larry Kraemer, PE – Director of Public Infrastructure, Cannon
• Caroline Samponaro, Lyft’s Head of Transit and Micromobility Policy
THE STRUGGLE FOR SOCIAL CHANGE, MOTHERLOAD is a crowd-sourced documentary about a new mother’s quest to understand our current cultural shift toward isolation and disconnection, what this could mean for the future of the planet, and how life on a cargo bike could be the antidote. As filmmaker Liz Canning explores the burgeoning global movement to replace cars with purpose-built bikes, she learns about the bicycle’s history and potential future as the ultimate “social revolutionizer.” Her experiences as a cyclist, as a mother, and in discovering the cargo bike world, make it clear to Liz that sustainability is not necessarily about compromise and sacrifice and there are few things more empowering, in an age of consumption, than the ability to create everything from what seems to be nothing.
* rsvp to view the movie starting Saturday, May 30th