- This event has passed.
VOTE TODAY: Voter Guide
March 7 @ 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
Angelenos are suffering greatly and the only way to remedy this situation is by making more mental healthcare and substance abuse recovery services available to those who need it. Measure H, if passed will release $355 million a year towards homeless services with a priority for the above mentioned 2.
Join us to make LA safer for everyone!
Yes on H – March for the Homeless -to make sure Measure H passes
NO on Measure S (Neighborhood Integrity Initiative)
Santa Monica Spoke joins LACBC in opposition of Measure S.
We support sustainable development and affordable housing and this measure bans nearly all new developments in L.A., including affordable housing.
No On S is supported by Mayor Eric Garcetti, United Way, Labor Unions, non-profits for homeless, and a number of community organizations listed here.
#BikeTheVote on March 7th!
We have another important election coming up in about a month, on Tuesday, March 7th, which will elect more than half of the Los Angeles City Council and the Mayor. There are also important local measures on the ballot that will impact Angelenos. On the Westside, we have two council districts up for an election, CD5 and CD11. Register to vote by February 20th, and make sure to #BikeTheVote on March 7th. There are a number of candidate forum hosted by neighborhood stakeholders. If you can, please attend a forum near you and learn more about which candidate will best improve bicycling conditions in their district.
1. Read the LACBC Election Guide
2. Attend a Los Angeles Council District 5 Forum near you! – West Los Angeles and Encino
- Feb. 11th 1:00 p.m. (Sat) Mid City West Candidate Forum at El Rey Theatre – 5515 Wilshire Blvd.
- Feb. 12th 2:00 p.m. (Sun) CD5 Meet the Candidate Forum at Leo Baeck Temple – 1300 N. Sepulveda Blvd.
- Feb. 14th 7:00 p.m. (Tue) Beverly Wilshire HOA Candidate Forum – 543 N. Fairfax
- Feb. 16th 6:30 p.m. (Thurs) Westside Village HOA – CD5 Candidate Forum at St. John’s Presbyterian Church – National Blvd. and Military Ave.
- Feb. 19th 4 p.m. (Sun) Beverlywood HOA Town Hall Meeting with CD5 candidates, Location is TBD
- Feb. 21st 7 p.m. (Tue) Westwood Neighborhood Council, Chamber of Commerce and HOAs Candidate Forum at St. Paul the Apostle – 10750 Ohio Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90024
*Los Angeles Council District 11 has no forum scheduled.