- This event has passed.
CicLAvia: Heart of LA
October 16, 2016 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
CicLAvia catalyzes vibrant public spaces, active transportation and good health through car-free streets
UPDATE: Please email us if you plan on attending RSVP@SMSpoke.org
We are coordinating to join up with the Culver City Feeder Ride to CicLAvia. We meet in Tongva Park (by the restrooms) at 7:30 and ROLL at 7:45am
We’ll ride up Broadway to 17th, to the Expo Bike Path and on to the CC meet up point.
CicLAvia – Heart of LA
more info here
CicLAvia heads back to it’s anniversary route through the Heart of LA on October 16 as Boyle Heights, Chinatown, DTLA, and Westlake will host the country’s largest open streets event! Streets will be closed to cars and open for cyclists, pedestrians, runners and skaters to use as a recreational space.
New to CicLAvia? Here are some things you need to know for October 16:
- CicLAvia is FREE!
- CicLAvia lasts from 9 AM until 4 PM
- CicLAvia closes streets to car traffic and opens them for people to walk, skate, bike, play, and explore parts of Los Angeles.
- CicLAvia is not a race! There’s no starting point or finish line – begin where you like and enjoy the day your way.
- CicLAvia traffic flows in two directions, just like regular traffic. Check out some more safety tips.
Stuff to bring:
- helmut (for feeder ride or children under 18)
- sun screen
- cash – (tap card)
- spare tube/ patch kit
- any special tools your bike requires!