- This event has passed.
626 Golden Streets
March 5, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
17+ miles of smiles and Open Streets.
Meet Mayor of the San Gabriel Mountains #GabeTheSasquatch on event day! Want to make sure you get a selfie with him?
You’ll be able to find him at the #626GoldenStreets Opening Ceremony adjacent to the South Pasadena Gold Line Station on Mission St. at 8:30am!
- Golden Streets is a FREE event! But bring a few dollars for food, drink, and to ride the Foothill Gold Line.
- YOU get to decide where you start and finish. There is no right or wrong way to experience the event. 🙂
- All forms of non-motorized transportation are permitted, including walking, biking, skating, jogging, ambling, and strolling.
- Golden Streets is NOT a race. There are no finisher medals or awards. Only smiles and miles of open streets.
- Share the road. Please exercise caution so everyone can have a safe, enjoyable day.
- Gold Line Station Activity Hubs will remain open until 4pm. (South Pasadena hub to 5pm) to allow participants time to relax, listen to live music, check out local businesses, and experience the SGV’s diverse offerings before heading home!
- Don’t forget to stop, enjoy, and take a picture! Share your best snapshots on social media with the hashtag #626GoldenStreets for chances to win a Pure Fix bike, 626 swag and more!
Free fitness classes (Zumba, Yoga), activity booths, live music, food trucks, professional chalk artists, yarn bombing, cyclo-cross, Gabe the Sasquatch, and more will be found along the route! Click here for a detailed activity schedule. or download the event app by clicking here for Iphones, or here for Android phones.
- South Pasadena Station Hub presented by 89.3 KPCC Southern California Public Radio
- San Marino Hub | Stoneman Recreation Center
- LA County Hub | Michillinda Park
- Arcadia Station Square Hub presented by the Foothill Gold Line Construction Authority
- Monrovia Station Square Hub
- Duarte Station Hub presented by Sprint
- Irwindale Station Hub presented by Kaiser Permanente
- Downtown Azusa Hub presented by the San Gabriel Mountains Forever