These closures can impact people riding bikes with traffic diverted onto streets that would usually be considered more bike friendly by creating additional congestion.
What: Street Closures for Roadway Improvements
Where: Olympic Boulevard at Cloverfield Boulevard
|Full Closure of Westbound Olympic Boulevard between Cloverfield Boulevard and 20th Street||24-Hour Shifts||7:00 a.m. Saturday, March 21 through
5:00 p.m. Monday, March 23, 2015
|Full Closure of Eastbound Olympic Boulevard between 20th Street and Cloverfield Boulevard||24-Hour Shifts||7:00 a.m. Saturday, March 28 through
5:00 p.m. Monday, March 30, 2015
|Daily Partial Lane Closures of Eastbound and Westbound Olympic Boulevard between 20th Street and Cloverfield Boulevard||24-Hour Lane Closures||Monday, March 30 through
Friday, April 3, 2015
- During the Westbound Olympic Boulevard Closure:
Westbound Olympic Boulevard traffic will be detoured at Cloverfield Boulevard. Eastbound Olympic Boulevard will experience intermittent lane closures.
Local access for the north side of Olympic Boulevard will be maintained via flaggers.
- During the Eastbound Olympic Boulevard Closure: Eastbound Olympic Boulevard traffic will be detoured at 20th Street. Westbound Olympic Boulevard will experience intermittent lane closures.
- Electronic message boards will be used to advise of the closures and manage traffic detours to update commuters as necessary.
- Directional signage and/or flagmen will be used to safely direct vehicles and pedestrians around the construction zone.
- Local access to businesses and residences will be maintained throughout all construction activities.
- Noise levels will be monitored to ensure work performed is within the necessary compliance levels.
- Please obey all posted construction signs and do not enter the construction work zone.
- For additional information, contact the City of Santa Monica Public Works Department at 310-458-8736.
(Construction schedules are subject to change for various reasons including but not limited to: weather conditions, unforeseen emergencies and other acts of nature.)
To view the construction notice – please click here.