Free: Please RSVP HERE
DATE: SATURDAY APRIL 21st, 2018
TIME: 9:00 AM – NOON
START: MEMORIAL PARK
– By playground enter on 14th Street.
PITSTOP Activities at Park Drive
– Broadway between 24th & Park Dr
Our Earth Day theme this year is Dr Seuss’ The Lorax.
We will spend more time at the Park Drive Park and Community Gardens with more fun activities!!
The Lorax was Dr. Seuss‘ personal favorite of his children’s book. It chronicles the plight of the environment and the Lorax, who speaks for the trees against the Once-ler. As in most Dr. Seuss works, most of the creatures mentioned are original to the book. What costume will you dream up?
The book is commonly recognized as a fable and a story Dr Seuss was able to create addressing economic and environmental issues without it being dull. “The Lorax,” he once explained, “came out of me being angry. In The Lorax I was out to attack what I think are evil things and let the chips fall where they might.”
Join Santa Monica Spoke, the City of Santa Monica and Santa Monica Community Gardeners for Santa Monica’s Kidical Mass: The Lorax Family Ride and Garden Tour 2018.
We will take a family friendly ride in Santa Monica to visit Park Drive Community Garden for a special kid friendly event. Prizes and giveaways!
9::00am – 12:30pm
– Check-in, Morning Snacks (coffee and juice), Bike Safety Checks by Performance Bicycles Santa Monica, Helmet Decorating.
We ride to Park Drive Park and Community Gardens for extended pitstop activities!
– Pitstop host Santa Monica Community Gardeners
– Ride to Pit Stop visit at PARK DRIVE COMMUNITY GARDEN extended activities
– Family Garden tours and Community Garden Workshop for the kids, seed planting, the life of soil!
– Face Painting at Park Drive Park
– Pancakes cooked right at the park, kids can create their own gummy worm dirt cups
– Ride back to Memorial Park by noon,
* Children must be accompanied and are the responsibility of their parents. Bikes should be in good working condition. Free Safety Checks on site for minor adjustments/repairs. Please use good judgement – ride is on city streets – smaller children should be in a child seat, in a trailer or Tag-a-long……
Don’t have a bike –You can #RideBreeze!