Metro presents: Santa Monica’s first Open Street Event: COAST
Bike, bus, train or walk your way to a free, engaging and fun way to explore Santa Monica. Enjoy two miles of car-free streets and discover local food, music, shops, culture, dance and games with family and friends.
This local event transforms our streets into a park for the day – with music, restaurants, shops, dance and games with family and friends. Stroll with Samba dancers, picnic, and feel the breeze as you move through the streets! Explore the interactive Coast Zones celebrating culture, sustainability and mobility, as well as other attractions along the route.
Visit Santa Monica Spoke in the Mobility Zone at the Santa Monica Civic. Katie Rogers of Carless in LA will be at our booth too!
Free Kids Bike Skills Course with instructors & bikes.
Helmet Decorating and so much MORE!!
Volunteers need for this event – Volunteer@SMSpoke.org
The streets of Santa Monica belong to everyone — not just drivers, but people on bikes, pedestrians, and hey, maybe even hoverboarders. Come visit the Mobility Zone for great music, free bike repairs, information on Santa Monica’s revamped bike lanes, bike share and redesigned bus system, Our bike rodeo, a helmet decorating, and so much more. And did we mention there will be ice cream?
- Big Blue Bus
- Bike Center
- Bike It / Walk it Santa Monica
- Bike Rodeo: Bike clinic for kids on pedestrian and bicycle safety
- Breeze Bike Share
- CASM Climate Corps Booth
- dublab: ambient music
- First Aid by the American Red Cross
- GoSaMo / Transportation Management Office
- Join GoSaMo, the City of Santa Monica’s brand new campaign with giveaways and more at today’s Pop-up mobility kiosk
- Show off your favorite way to get around by designing your own t-shirt and then having it screen printed right in front of you
- Helmet Decorating Workshop for Kids with Safe Routes to School
- Peddler’s Creamery: Ice Cream made by peddling a bike!
- REI Bike Repair
- Santa Monica Spoke: Bike Exhibition, display of all kinds of bikes
- WISE & Healthy Aging