The Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition builds a better, more bike-able Los Angeles by bringing diverse communities together to improve the bicycling environment and quality of life for the whole county.
SANTA MONICA SPOKE:
As a local chapter of the Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition, (LACBC) we are dedicated to improving biking in the City of Santa Monica. We are a community based group working to make Santa Monica more sustainable, and a better place to live, walk, bike, work and play.
Advocating the concept of Complete Streets that support and protect all users, pedestrians, cyclists and the use of public transit to promote fewer single car tips and a healthier environment for the community at large.
- Encourage more people to ride bicycles, more often and more safely
- Educate cyclist on their rights and responsibilities – By example & City Cycling Classes
- Increase the voice and visibility of Santa Monica Spoke, LACBC and the cycling community to improve facilities and the environment for cyclists
- Actively participate with local government to create and implement the Bicycle Action Plan
- Promote the health benefits of cycling
- Highlight cycling as a sustainable transportation alternative that is good for the environment
- Promote and support Safe Routes to School
- Strengthen LACBC through membership recruitment and fundraising
Join the momentum, become a part of the change!
Follow this link, and select Santa Monica Spoke (or a local group in your area) from the drop down menu on the membership form. Your membership supports our efforts here locally as well as strengthening the cycling movement on a county, state and even at the national level as all of these jurisdictions play a major roll in how we can promote cycling.
To make a cash donation on-line click here and write in Santa Monica Spoke in the “Honor/Memory of” box. You can also send us an email here and we can help you or provide you with other options to donate or join.
Add me to:
Santa Monica Spoke email list
Follow us on: