Calling all Santa Monica businesses! Please join us in celebrating Bike Month 2017. Here’s an overview of the events that Santa Monica will be hosting with plenty of opportunities if you’d like to get involved:
The business signup form for Bike Month (May 2017) is live: www.BuyLocalSM.com/bike-local
Your business and promotion will be promoted through out Bike Month here at Santa Monica Spoke and on the Buy Local SM page.
Bike It! Walk It! Bus It! Week (with SMMUSD) – May 8th -12th
National Bike to School Day – May 10th
Bike Local Santa Monica Week – May 14th – 21st
Bike to Work Day – May 18th
Santa Monica Family Bike Festival + Swap – May 21st
Bike Local, Buy Local Handlebar Happy Hours – Every Week in May (Weds or Thurs, tbc)
How can YOUR business participate?
- Offer a Bike Local SM special for bicyclists during Bike Month (or for #BikeLocalSM Week) – pick up some new, loyal customers along the way.
- Host a Bike to Work Pit Stop on the morning of May 18th – either for the public or for your staff – to show your support for #BTWD / Bike to Work Day.
- Donate giveaways/coupons/snacks to National Bike to School Day (May 10) +/or Bike to Work Day City Hall Pit Stop May 18) – enjoy free PR/product exposure in our community.
- Volunteer at the SM Family Bike Festival + Swap on May 21st or bring a bike to swap!
- Host a #BikeLocalSM Handlebar Happy Hour or encourage your employees to join us at these fun, weekly get-togethers in May to meet fellow Santa Monica bicyclists + new friends.
To signup: www.BuyLocalSM.com/bike-local (deadline is 4/29 to be included in the Santa Monica Spoke printed Bike Month SM Guide- all participation will be listed in online guide once you registere Any questions? email us @ SMSpoke.org