Quick growing list of upcoming events!
More Info coming on all – please check back soon!
Links will be added to the list below as further info is posted.
- April: 30 Days of Biking
- April 5th: Sunset Picnic Ride (intermediate to advanced). Starts at Tongva Park. Meet at 5:15pm roll at 5:45 SHARP. #30DaysofBiking
- April 9th: Great Ride Series event with Finish The Ride, at Performance Bicycles, VIP’s (that’s means you!) , 5th and Broadway, Downtown Santa Monica
- April 11th: SAVE THE DATE, Santa Monica Spoke Meeting, BAP updates and reception
- April 16th, SQA luncheon, SM Bike Center will sponsor the tickets for the 1st 35 that commit to arrive by bike – click register at the bottom of the page.
- April 18th: Kidical Mass Earth Day Garden Ride, Starts at Memorial Park
- April 19th: Finish the Ride | It’s Not Just A Ride. It’s A Movement! Ride with us to support the momentum – link to more info soon.
- April 20th: Cynthia Rose of SM Spoke joins a panel discussion on sustainability at the 3rd Street Promenade Apple Store
- May 9th, Santa Monica Festival, our 5th Annual Bike Exhibition and expanded Bike Zone!! Clover Park 11am – 6 pm SO MUCH FUN!!!! – last year
- ALL April: Santa Monica Spoke invites you to join us for #30DaysofBiking in April – pledge here and join the fun events we have planned this month, use social media to blast your joy of riding a bike! #30DaysofBiking #BikeSM @SMSpoke
– Every Wednesday – Coffee outside 7-8am Link #CoffeeOutside
– More rides, local and with LACBC all be listed on our event page asap
- April to July We’ve partnered to support CommuteSM.com, the first-ever Santa Monica Commuter Challenge, a four-month competition for Santa Monica-based businesses and organizations of all sizes to encourage their employees to bike, carpool/vanpool, or ride transit to work, instead of driving alone.
- All May: National Bike Month, sponsored by the League of American Bicyclists and celebrated in communities from coast to coast. Established in 1956, National Bike Month is a chance to showcase the many benefits of bicycling — and encourage more folks to giving biking a try.
- May 11th to 17th: Bike Week LA : Santa Monica is an annual week of community events sponsored by Metro and local advocates all over the County of Los Angeles to promote bicycling as a sustainable and practical mode of transportation.
- May to September: National Bike Challenge started with an internal campaign trying to get Kimberly Clark employees to ride in 2009. It went national in 2012 under the guidance of the League of American Bicyclists. Last year, 47,518 people logged 23 million miles. People for Bikes, is now running the Challenge and hopes in 2015 we can collectively ride 35 million miles. Ride for team Bike Santa Monica!
Think and act locally with a global perspective, and ride a bike!