We join the City of Santa Monica, Santa Monica Safe Routes to School Program collaborative, Santa Monica Bike Center
, and C.I.C.L.E
. along with other event partners to organize a Family Bike Fest on Saturday, December 8 from 10 am to 2 pm
. Santa Monica families are invited to attend this free event and enjoy fun and educational activities, see facebook event here
Some of the great activities include:
- Youth Bike Skills Course
- Meals on 2 Wheels, Family Fun Ride (approx. 3 miles) departs at 1:00pm
- Bike Swap and Donation Station
- Bike Check-Up Station
- Tasty Food from Local Vendors, including Peddler’s Creamery, making ice cream by bike!
- Family Bicycle Test Rides
- Helmet and Bike Decoration Station
- Bicycle Safety and Route Planning Information
- Walking School Bus/Bike Train Booth
- Snap Yourself Photo Booth
- …and much more
Volunteer with us for the event! volunteer@SMSpoke.org We need help tabling and assisting with the Youth Bike Skills Course. For more volunteer opportunities see below.
Location: Santa Monica Civic Auditorium, 1855 Main St.
Time: Drop in any time from 10 am to 2 pm.
Cost: Free to the public
Parking: Free valet bike parking, or on-site garage parking (cost: $1/hour)
Event Partners: City of Santa Monica, Santa Monica Safe Routes to School Program collaborative Santa Monica Bike Center/Sustainable Streets, SMMUSD PTA Council, C.I.C.L.E., Santa Monica Spoke, Active Santa Monica, Santa Monica Community and Cultural Services
How can you help? Spread the word! Volunteer?!
We are reaching out to community members at this time for three reasons:
1. Please put the event on your calendar, and spread the word to friends and contacts! (Flyer here: http://bit.ly/UkNsB1
2. We would like your suggestions about how to publicize the event. Do you manage any lists in which you could publicize this event? Are there any blogs, Facebook groups, local groups/leaders, or others that we should reach out to? If you could make use of a full-color poster or handbill flyers, just let us know and we’ll send you some.
You can always contact us
if you have any unanswered questions.