The Hammer Museum presents the fourth annual Bike Night at the HAMMER!
Join us on a group ride* to the event or grab some friends and pedal on over for an evening celebrating all things bicyclistic!
We were so disappointed we missed it last year because we really had a BLAST in 2010 – So don’t be sad -come with us!
– Enjoy free admission to the Hammer’s biennial exhibition Made in L.A. 2012
- Pose for a free portrait with your bike (see last year’s portraits)
– Race in the Gold Balloon Sprints
– Make reflector crafts
– Strut your stuff down the bicycle runway
– Check out Bespoke Spokes
– Cafe Hammer will be open & cash bars will serve beer and wine
– Watch bike messenger thriller Quicksilver starring Kevin Bacon, who called the film “the absolute lowest point of my career”!
Guest hosted by artist Lisa Anne Auerbach.
We will meet at the Santa Monica Bike Center (2nd & Colorado) at 6:15pm and roll out around 6:30pm. Once we finalize the route it will be posted here if you want to join us on route instead. It will be an easy paced ride. We will coordinate a time for folks who want to ride back as a group or – if need we can make route slips for folks that want to ride back on their own.
— Please wear your hemet and bring lights!
Cyclists should enter the museum via Lindbrook Drive and will then be able to sashay down the bicycle runway with their bikes for everyone to see.